Groups of hosting solutions
A hosting service is related to stashing and/or sharing certain content on a server managed by a web hosting distributor. There are different kinds of hosting services used for different aims, so let's take a glimpse at them. In this way, you can determine what you want, based on whether you wish to build a web portal, email address accounts, or to share files with buddies and partners.
- File hosting: a solution provided by particular providers, which enables you to share immense files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived files, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single aim is to share files, since it does not offer site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine a list of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php website files in your browser. Free-of-charge file hosting plans are often supported by exhibiting ads beside the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a particular span of time to view them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you possess a paid file storage package, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limitation when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting companies, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is an entirely amiss interpretation of the literal denotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would divide the workload between different groups of hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending miscellaneous website hosting services (electronic mail, disk space, statistics, DNS, databases, webspace hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is just a type of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; certain suppliers offer a hosting solution for pictures solely. This hosting brand is appropriate if you want to share a large amount of pictures with chums or colleagues since the service is mostly free of charge. You will obtain a random link for each pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be utilized for sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service devoted to administering your email address accounts. Some suppliers provide webspace hosting solutions for web sites, but do not offer an email solution. If you want to get an email address with your domain name but do not want to have a site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you need. You can open email accounts and manage them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a given video file, or you can embed the video in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of utilizing this approach in lieu of uploading the video clip in a web hosting account is that the video generates a given amount of central processing unit load, so with a handful of video clips and a few hundred web page viewers, you may have a problem with your webspace hosting reserves. Embedding the video file will permit you to utilize as many videos as you wish without bothering about system reserves.
- Website hosting: this is the solution that you need if you desire to have a site. To some degree, it incorporates all of the abovementioned hosting varieties since, along with your web pages, you can also host pictures and files, you can keep databases and mail accounts, upload videos, etc. At Greater Atlanta Hosting , for example, you can observe web hosting and dedicated server hosting accounts that allow you to have all of the aforesaid services in a single place. There may be restrictions depending on the kind of hosting solution that you've settled on - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web site hosting account may be better or worse compared to the typical e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are made for particular content only.